The 2023 Lux Mea Film Festival of Grove City College invites you to submit original, student-produced films for entry into the film festival competition!
1. All submitted short films need to be completed by currently enrolled Grove City College students and may not be submitted more than four years after their completion dates.
2. Films must fall into one of the following categories:
- Animations or Stop Motion
- Super Short (less than 3 minutes)
3. Music used in films must be cleared and licensed properly, unless it is original and/or in the public domain.
4. The runtime of all films must be no longer than 8 minutes, credits included.
5. Lux Mea Film Festival will be accepting submissions from April 10-April 17. To submit your films, a box labeled “Lux Mea Film Festival” will be placed outside HAL 200K starting April 10. Your submission must be formatted exactly in the following:
- Film must be on a thumb drive.
- Film must be accompanied by a PDF version of an 11×17 movie poster. Include the PDF on the thumb drive.
- Submission form (located on the website) must be completed, printed and placed in a white envelope with the thumb drive.
- Film must abide by video specifications. To find the list of video specifications, go to our website, navigate to the submissions tab and locate the “file specification and upload instructions” PDF.
- Include $5 entry fee in envelope.
6. The most important video specifications are the following, but please see the “file specification and upload instructions” PDF at luxmeafilmfestival.com/submissions for more specification details:
- MPEG-4 file (.mp4) with H.264 Codec
- Video Resolution: 1920 X 1080p 24 fps (23.976)
- Data rate: Target bitrate 20 Mbps, Max bitrate 24 Mbps (Using High encoding profile)
- Audio: AAC codec, 320 kbps, 48kHz, Stereo
7. Deadline for submission is 12 p.m. April 17, 2023.
For more information, visit our website at luxmeafilmfestival.com or contact the Communication/Marketing/Social Media Team at email@example.com.